Below are some tips that can help limit children’s exposure to acid erosion:
- Avoid brushing right after eating when the enamel is soft.
- Try to follow acidic meals with a glass of water or milk to help neutralize the acid.
- Encourage children to swallow acidic drinks immediately rather than swishing them around their mouths.
- Children should drink an acidic beverage in one sitting, rather than sipping it throughout the day.
- Instead of sucking on acidic snacks like sour candies, or even healthy ones such as orange wedges, encourage children to swallow food once they have finished properly chewing.
- Take children for regular dental check-ups and follow your dentist's advice.
- Brush twice a day, every day with a toothpaste like Pronamel® For Children to help reharden and strengthen acid-softened tooth enamel and keep children’s teeth strong and healthy.
- After sports or strenuous activity, make sure your child rehydrates with a low acid drink. Consider serving up chocolate milk, which is naturally delicious, loaded with vitamins and minerals, and low in acidic content.